Best Dry Shampoo

Okay guys, if you are like me you would way rather sleep in 30 more minutes than have to get up to shower and do your hair. I absolutely hate doing my hair, unless I have an event I am going to. With that being said, I always try to extend the amount of days I can go without washing my hair with it still looking good. I hate greasy hair and think it is so nasty, so I am really picky about it being good enough to go another day or not. Typically I would wash my hair every other day, which was not only tiring - it was damaging to my already damaged hair. One day my sweet mother said to throw some baby powder in it, which helped a ton but always gave me a white/grey look in my blonde hair which I did not like. A few months later my sister introduced me and told me about dry shampoo. I was skeptical at first, but than I was totally won over. I use this on the 2nd or 3rd day and every other day until I was my hair next. With dry shampoo I can go much longer, sometimes even a week without washing my hair. Periodically I might just spot wash my front bangs by my face though, as they get a little dirtier from product and touching them a lot. Since I have not been washing my hair as much lately my hair has gotten much healthier and my breakage has gone down a ton. My hair feels so much healthier, and I feel goes better when it is 'dirty'. I have tried many brands of dry shampoo from the cheap ones to the expensive ones, so here are a few of my favorites!

My all time favorite is from Suave. It has a nice lemon smell to it, it doesn't leave white marks where I spray it, you can get it at almost any drug store, and it costs less than $5 (from Walmart in Utah). Can you beat really beat that?!

Another favorite of mine is Bed Head's Rockaholic. This one can be found at most beauty supply stores such as Sallys, Ulta, and even Nordstom Rack sometimes. This one has a slight orange/fruity smell to it, but is very minimal. This once costs anywhere from $15-22. 

You can also get tinted dry shampoo to match your specific hair color if you would like. I have heard the tinted helps hide roots, grey hairs, and still works the same as the non-tinted dry shampoo's do. From my family and friends  I have heard that the brand Batiste is the one they like the best. They have a range of colors such as Light/Blonde, Medium/Brunette, Dark/Deep Brown, etc. This brand costs anywhere from $8-12, the color you choose does not usually effect the cost either.

Here is my hair on day 5 of not washing, and even day 2 of curls. I used dry shampoo on day 3, 4, and 5 - and re-curled a couple pieces around my face that had gone funny from sleeping. Ride out that dirty hair and two/three day curls, it really makes a difference on how healthy your hair is!

Enjoy, xoxo.

No comments :

Post a Comment