Taco Bean Soup

Ok guys, let’s talk about this amazing Taco Bean Soup. 

Me, Brayden, and a couple of our friends were going out camping at Yuba Lake one weekend. We usually always split up the meals, and this time we were in charge of Friday night’s dinner. I knew it would be hard to make something elaborate as we would already be getting there late, and hey were camping – it’s okay to be a little more laid back for meals. 

Throughout the week I was brainstorming ideas when I remembered this amazing Taco Bean Soup Brayden's mom has made for us a handful of times. It is fast, simple, and tastes like a million bucks – can’t beat that! I asked his sweet mom for her recipe, and after making it 3 times now, I am still awed everytime.

Now… It’s your turn to make it!

Ingredients
Original recipe makes 7-8 servings
2 pounds ground beef
1/4-1/3 onion, chopped very fine
2-3 (15 ounce) cans Hunts tomato sauce - I typically use about 2 - 2 1/2 cans depending on how thick I want it
1-2 (15 ounce) cans white kidney beans (drained)
1 (15 ounce) can butter beans (drained)
1-2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn (drained) – I typically do 1.5 cans, but you can do more-less depending on preference
1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes - I prefer original over the Italian or Mexican version
1 (15 ounce) can peeled/diced tomatoes (optional)
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers (optional)
(sometime’s I will even blend up my peeled/diced tomatoes and green chili peppers if I have picky eaters that don’t want chunks – me haha!)
taco seasoning mix to taste – I typically do about 1-2 ounces
Directions for medium/large pot
1.    In a medium/large pot, add the onions and the ground beef. Cook until the hamburger is browned over medium ish heat. Make sure you put salt/pepper on your hamburger. Once the hamburger is fully cooked you will want to drain it, and put it back in your pot.
2.    Place the white kidney beans, butter beans, corn, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, peeled/diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix into the pot. Mix to blend, and cook on very low setting for 30 minutes to an hour.
Directions for slow cooker
1.    In a small/medium pan, add the onions and the ground beef. Cook until the hamburger is browned over medium ish heat. Make sure you put salt/pepper on your hamburger. Once the hamburger is fully cooked you will want to drain it, and put it inside the slow cooker.
2.    Place the white kidney beans, butter beans, corn, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes, peeled/diced tomatoes, green chile peppers and taco seasoning mix in a slow cooker. Mix to blend, and cook on Low setting for 8 hours.

 (My blended stewed tomatoes, peeled/diced tomatoes, and green chili's)
 (Browned  ground beef and onions)
 (Dump all the cans in and stir)
(Taco seasoning) 

Viola, its finished!

           Enjoy, xoxo.

No comments :

Post a Comment