Brayden's Birthday!


This past week was Brayden's birthday. We went out on Friday night with a bunch of friends and than played games after. The following day we floated down the river with Brayden's moms family. Later that day we went out to dinner with a few of Brayden's family members, and my parents. We ended the weekend by seeing Hercules and having a BBQ. It was a really fun weekend!

 (Brayden's moms family)
 (Braydens sister and her husband)

Since we were having people over on Friday night I decided to make a Better Than Sex Cake. For those of you who don't know what a BTS Cake is your missin out. They are soo good!

Here is a basic tutorial on how to make them!

 I use the Duncan Hines Devil's Food cake mix, following the exact ingredients and baking time on the back of the box for a 9x13 pan. Which varies from brand to brand,  so be careful for that.
 (You of course need to lick the beater. Haha!)
Mine baked for 23 minutes.
To make sure my cake was done I stuck a knife in the middle of it. Now if you pull it out and it has cake stuck to the knife it is not cooked, if it looks like mine did^ than it is done. A little trick my mama taught me (:
Take a straw, any kind of straw, and poke holes all over the cake. This does not need to be done any certain way, it is literally so easy and can't be messed up. Even if you stop paying attention an poke the same spot 5 times like I did (right side) lol.
Take 1 can of 14 ounce sweetened condensed milk and any caramel topping and mix together in a bowl. I typically use like the same amount of caramel to the 14 ounces. (Aka, 14 ounces of each) You can adjust this depending on preferences though. Once they are mixed together and the cake has cooled pour the caramel/milk over the cake and it will seep into the holes.
Now this is where mine is different. Most recipes say to put cool whip on top, YUCK! Cool whip is just nasty. It tastes like chemicals and is not even worth the calories in my opinion. I would way rather make my own whip cream. I just use my kitchen aid to blend heavy whipping cream + a little powdered sugar to taste. Yes, it is that simple. I typically make mine barely sugary due to the cake being so sweet itself. 
Now you can get these (chocolate and toffee) or just the toffee bag, either way is good. You can even get a few of the candy bars and crunch them up yourself if that's what you prefer.

Sprinkle over the top, and your done! Make sure to keep it refrigerated.


No comments :

Post a Comment